Thursday, June 10, 2010

Super Stax




Lets face it. Some fabrics in STAX are not for everyone.

However my mantra has always been never to dismiss a shop because every season there could be a little 'gem' within them.


I love STAX in Queensgate because of its manager Christina, who is fabulous. And this season they have some lovely tunic-style dresses (photo above) and this cute little summer dress.

This dress has great straps, lovely cool colours, a band under the chest (ideal) and then floats down to an A-line skirt at a great length. Plus its currently on sale.

I challenge you all to check out at least ONE shop this season that you usually NEVER go into be it because you think a) the clothes are too young b) the clothes are too old c) its a 'skinny only' shop etc.

I shall also partake in this challenge. I plan on going into MILLERS. I never go to Millers, but this season, I'm going in!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck and stay tuned to see what I find.
Trudi www.wardrobeflair.com

4 comments:

Janine said...

good challenge there I did laugh at your challenge, I can't say I have ever been there too. Too be honest I have excluded a lot of shops because of my size. However before Xmas I ventured into Jacque-e and discovered I could wear some items in there and have since bought two items from there. It did take me some getting used too...

Trudi Bennett said...

yes well, I do have to practice what I preach and I had to think hard about a shop I never go into.... Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

amy said...

until recently i owned the dress on the right in red and absolutely LOVED it. unfortunately it met a fateful end and now im desperate to locate another! have searched trademe with no luck. do you have any idea first of all what the style is called and 2nd where I might find a replacement?

Trudi Bennett said...

Hi Amy

What a bummer! Its so sad to not be able to continue wearing something you love and look great in!

There IS a dressier version of this dress back at Staxs. But it is a little more dressed up and not so much like this tunic.

I really like a red tunic currently at Max at the moment that has some detail under the bust.

If you suit cool bright colours there is also another really great tunic (with pockets like this one) that is patterned with black and other bright colours. it also has good waist detail.

I hope that helps. There are some similiar styles around. I suggest you look for those with the same great features, such as the lower neckline, wider sleeves, either drawstring OR a band under the bust.

It might not be exactly the same but it will still suit you :-) good luck!!!

Cheers Trudi