Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wardrobe Flair and Bikram Yoga - a perfect fit!


Odd you may say that I make such a statement? But it is true! When I look around the Bikram Yoga studio http://www.bikramyoga.co.nz/page/home.aspx, I see the same demographic of people that Sarah and I see each week.

Mostly women, quite a few men and more importantly, every size, shape, age and nationality. It's a truly diverse place where you find the range of people interesting and inspiring. There are no boundaries or barriers to Bikram Yoga, anyone can do it. Likewise there are no boundaries to being Wardrobe Flaired! www.wardrobeflair.com

The beauty of our profession as wardrobe and image consultants is this diversity. The misconception has always been that we see rich, thin people who love to shop and have lots of money. Let me tell you, it is very rare we see people who love to shop. In fact I think Sarah would agree with me we mainly see those who say "I hate shopping". As to all the other factors in the statement, again the majority of who we see do not come under these 'headers' as such.

When I talk to people about doing Bikram Yoga, they always say 'oh I can't do that, I'm not very flexible". My answer is always the same, 'neither am I, and that is WHY I do it!" Other than for the many other amazing benefits.

I spoke with the owner of Bikram Yoga Wellington this week about running a workshop for the students and we are all set to go. Bikram Yoga inspires me with its diversity of people and the different benefits it gives to everyone. I hope that my workshop will inspire the fellow students and other people who come along to realise everyone struggles with colours, shapes, coordinating outfits or shopping.

And like anyone can do Bikram Yoga, anyone can look gorgeous!

Stay colourful, warm and bendy!

Trudi
www.wardrobeflair.com

www.facebook.com/WardrobeFlair
Twitter/wardrobeflair

No comments: