Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My bum looks brilliant in this


Karen Nimmo's psychology for weight loss is very much in synch with what my psychology would be on how people dress themselves - if I was a psychologist! I do not profess to being one, but I do get to see the inner workings of many people's minds in relation to their perception of their body image.

Written in a logical and somewhat light-hearted way, Karen challenges you to look at the big picture, or "the whole package". I completely agree and often find myself telling people the same thing regarding their body shape and colouring.

Part of my business is about giving people the tools to understand their shape and balance out different parts of their body. Ideally people's eyes glide over someone and see a great outfit that fits their body shape and excellent colour making them sparkle with confidence.

The reality is the people you meet are not stopping for a whole 10 minutes to stare at your bum/hips/stomach. They give you a staggering 3-5 seconds during which time they have scanned 'the whole package' and have an impression of you.

Karen's message is clear that if you focus your energy on your full potential of being a happy, fun, interesting person, the weight loss can become an added bonus. We all need to try to be the best we can be, and use tools to look the best we can look. Both will give you confidence that in my experience - as in Karen's - has a wonderful snowball effect on the rest of your life.

Great book Karen!
www.wardrobeflair.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with this one Trudi - too many of my friends and family say they will come to you, once they've lost 5kg, 10kg, whatever. I learnt (from you) to look at myself as a whole, and dress to suit - no matter what my weight. Just because you are carrying an extra few kilos doesn't mean you have to be a frump!

Trudi Bennett said...

Absolutely! Confidence is a wonderful thing :-) No frumps allowed!