Monday, May 10, 2010

Handbags that make you happy





I have had an email from a client asking about what colour handbag she should buy. Since I am such an accessory FREAK, I need to go into much greater detail to answer this question.

I guess for most people, like their coats, they favour black. Now all those cool-toned people, black is fine for shoes and bags. But, as we all know, its fairly safe and just a tad boring.

This is an item that you carry with you everywhere. Why not make it a feature? I have a couple of clients who have bought coloured bags in their palette and they say they get compliments ALL the time.

Don't get too caught up in 'matching'. If you want to be safe you do have the neutral options black/grey/brown or bronze. Another fairly safe but great option is red! Fabulous. Yes it does go with everything!!

Come on ladies, here is a chance to show a little individuality. Personally I am usually carrying some sort of textured, patterned creation, but hey, the bolder the better I say.

Trudi www.wardrobeflair.com

6 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Love that red bag! I adore red, especially in accessories.

Trudi Bennett said...

Me too!

Unknown said...

Do I feel a new range of accessories coming on??

Trudi Bennett said...

Maybe.... hahaha We shall see. Could be a v good option. :-)

Janine said...

um okay so I have a red, grey, black and green handbag oops and a purple one. I kinda like to change my handbags depending on my mood. The best thing I can recomemnd is a handbag liner to keep all you important things in. Then all I do is take that out of the handbag I have and swap it over to the next one. Oh and when I am out and about I also like using my handbag hook.

Trudi Bennett said...

Ahhh, Janine such a good idea. You are the second client to talk about these liners. Where do you get them from?